Why Did I Buy That?

14:25



why did i buy that, w.i.p polish, wet n wild foundation, maybelline fit me foundation

Most Disappointing Purchases this Month!


Maybelline FIT Me Concealer
Wet 'n Wild Oil-Free Foundation
WIP Neon Yellow Nail Polish


I have made no secret of the fact I, like most women (and some men), like to buy things even if I don't necessarily need them- in the hope that I will either find a use for them, or they may end up being amazing products. That theory works sometimes, but when it doesn't, it's bad...really bad!
Here are three examples of when my 'buy it now, find use for it later' theory goes horribly wrong...



Maybelline 'FIT ME' Foundation

I bought this foundation as a cheap alternative to use daily. I was fed up of wasting all of my 'high end' foundations for daily wear, and wanted to use them only when going out etc. So I bought the Maybelline 'FIT me' foundation from Boots. I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it, but it was under £10. That said, I still didn't expect the foundation to be really poor just because it was bought from a drug store for a little less money.

The consistency of this foundation is quite thin, and it goes fairly easily. My main issue with this foundation is that it's so greasy and leaves my face looking like I've run a marathon. I'm pretty sure it's oil-based, which also promotes break-outs for me. The shine really is dramatic, I have to carry around powder when wearing it, and by the end of the day my face has more powder then foundation on it, which also makes it appear cakey. I'm also not a great fan of the shade, It has a red undertone which I don't believe looks believable or anything like my natural skin colour.

4/10



Wet 'n Wild oil free Foundation

First of all the packaging/container of this foundation is ALL wrong. It looks cheap, and more like the packaging for a lip balm than a foundation.

Now to the actual foundation; This foundation is so hard to apply because it's really dry. I get that it's oil-free and designed for oilier skinned ladies- like myself, but the dryness of this foundation is not appealing to me at all; even though my skin has a natural dewy finish. I also found that it separated during the day and ending up looking like a bad powder sitting on top of my skin.

In all fairness to Wet 'n Wild, for the most part, they make cosmetics that are of an amazing quality for their price-tag. And I'm a big fan of their palettes and lipsticks, which are really pigmented and in a range of colours.

 This product just happens to not be my cup of tea. However, it must be said that this foundation offers a price-tag 50% cheaper than others like it, so that's a definite bonus!

5/10


WIP Nail Polish in Neon Yellow.

This polish was bought from Urban Outfitters along with another (really good) purple glitter nail polish. My only issue with this product is that it's just simply over priced for the quality and the amount (they were £6 each or 2 for £10)- If you consider that polishes like those by Barry M are half the price for double the quality- it doesn't make sense to me.

I had to apply four coats of this polish before it was opaque, and it took about 40 minutes to dry- partly because I had applied so many layers, but also because it did not have a 'fast dry' finish like most nail varnishes these days. However, the colour was really vibrant and I'm yet to see a yellow so bright, which is a positive for this polish.

 5/10









| My own Image |



MORE LIKE THIS

0 comments