YSL 'LE TENT TOUCHE ECLAT" FOUNDATION REVIEW

00:24


Today when walking past a YSL counter, one of the make-up artists caught me eyeing up the foundation, and offered to find my colour and do my make-up- which means I get to do a review without even having to purchase the product, (yay!)


First of, let me start by saying the consistency was really nice and the product went on really smoothly. I was also relieved to find there was no overpowering fragrance that could irritate my skin, or cause break-outs. The make-up artist used Touche Eclat concealer on my under eye in shade 6.5 (which looked and felt just like the foundation), I have to say it brightened my eye really nicely. But that's where the positives ended for me. When I looked in the mirror, I was let down by the overall appearance of the foundation. 

First of all, the foundation was a shade or two too dark, which is what I was initially concerned about, when looking at the samples. I have used MAC for years, and the main reason is, aside from their being a range of different types of foundation, MAC also has just as many shades for women of colour as they do for paler skins. It really gets old when you go the a foundation counter to find ten fairer shades and no dark shades- or one if your lucky. 

There are so many different types of dark skin with red, yellow, cool or warm undertones, as with any skin tone, and I think more brands should reflect this. The YSL had two darker colours that I saw; one very pale, that appeared to be like a deep tan colour, and a darker one- which she used on me. There may be others in the line, but I only saw those colours in store- which was a little disappointing. The particular tone I had on had a really obvious red undertone, and left my face really shiny. I have naturally oily skin, so anything with a remotely dewy or glowing finish makes me shine like crazy.

I also like my foundation to look flawless, so I use a medium to full coverage. Apparently, this YSL foundation is build-able, and the problem with that is you have to apply two or three layers to get a flawless finish- by which time, your pores feel clogged and caked in product.

So although the combination of the concealer and foundation was presentable enough for me to travel home in, it certainly didn't justify me spending £29 on it. I think this has the potential to be a good foundation- for those of you who have normal to dry skin, want a natural finish, (and have the correct shade). 

It's easy to be dazzled by the "YSL" name. But, I think when seriously looking for a staple foundation that meets all of your requirements, you need to judge the product on how it complements your skin, and not on it's popularity or reputation. My current foundations are just leagues ahead in terms of quality and variety compared to this product. So, unfortunately it's a thumbs down for me.

What do you think?
 xox





P.S. It photographs well though!


xox
C

Images top-bottom: www.google.com | own image

MORE LIKE THIS

0 comments