TOP 5 SUMMER HAIR CARE RULES

10:36

Hi Guys,

Summer for most of us, is a time when we have to be extra careful with our hair because of the heightened risk of our hair becoming dry and getting split ends, resulting in more hair cuts. So I have come up with five top ways that I keep my hair looking and feeling healthy during the warmer months. 

Obviously, I have a very particular type of hair (growing out relaxed/ 4b afro hair), so the products shown may not be for you, but I have seen the methods work for a lot of people.
1. Co-wash - This is when you wash your hair using conditioner only. My hair is really susceptible to dryness in really hot or cold weather, so I try and top up with a deep condition at least once a week. "=-09i8My regime is usually to wash normally with a sulfate free shampoo, and conditioner and then to deep condition. But if my hair is excessively dry, I skip the shampoo step and just use conditioner. I'll leave it in for 45-60 minutes before washing it out and letting it air-dry at least 50% before styling.

2. Search and Destroy - I remember telling a friend at uni about the 'search and destroy' method and she looked at me like I had two heads. It sounds like a lot of effort, but it's really easy to do and you can do it when you're watching TV, or just sitting down and relaxing.

Search and destroy is basically a method of going through and cutting split ends off  in-between salon visits. This helps me to retain length, as I don't have to chop off lots healthy hair unnecessarily.

3. Water - When you stay hydrated your hair is more hydrated, making it softer and easier to handle. I try to drink at least 5 pints a day- minimum, and I also spritz my hair with water when it's really thirsty looking. There's an old wives tale that putting water in your hair drys it out, but it's simply not true. Obviously, I don't drench my hair, but a little spray here and there, topped up by some hair oil, to seal the moisture in, does wonders!

4. Vitamins - I have found vitamins like Biotin and Fish Oil really help growing my hair as well as making is stronger and softer. They're a must during summer, when my hair is more dry than usual!

5.  Protect, Protect, Protect -  I try my best to wrap my ends with clips, in buns, to stop my ends drying out and needing so many trims. This really helps with keeping my hair looking and feeling healthy and retaining as much length as possible!

So there you have it, five quick and simple methods of keeping your hair soft and healthy. These methods are not the only ways that I look after my hair in summer- there are lots of different methods of doing so, no matter what the weather is like. But, I have found that these five work the best for me.

My Favourite Products to use...

Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturiser
Extra Virgin Coconut or Olive Oil
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Conditioner or Elasta QP Deep Conditioner
Hair Scissors (between £5-£15 from boots or other good beauty/hair outlets).
Creme of Nature - Argan Oil Sulfate free Shampoo and Penetrative Conditioner.


I hope these quick tips and tricks help you along on your hair care journey.







MORE LIKE THIS

0 comments